Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I walked more than 275 miles in 2012. Over the past year, walking and backpacking have transformed my life, connecting me to myself and the world in ways that I never could have planned or expected. All of the people I have met on the trails, even to just say "hello", have impacted my life in small and large ways, and I am grateful to them. Organizing friends to walk together has also been more rewarding than I could have imagined. It's so much fun to walk together, and it makes me glad to know that so many new friendships have been formed along the way. I started this journal to document the group walks and to log miles and observations from my solo outings. What was intended to be nothing more than a digital notebook has become an essential part of my walking. A walk just isn't complete for me until I've posted something here. Walking and writing have become intertwined for me, making both endeavors all the richer. Here's to many more miles in 2013.


Feeling Good, Nina Simone by mrfnk

No comments: